This is a super simple meal that I made with “whatever is in the fridge”. That being said, it is delicious, quick, and has an earthy/heartiness to it.
Try it yourself:
– 1 medium to large zucchini
– mushrooms (I used regular white mushrooms but will experiment with other varieties in the future)
– cheese (I used Port Salut on one half and Brie on the other)
1) Preheat oven to 225-240 C (425-450 F)Slice the zucchini in half length-wise and hollow it out with a spoon, leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh
2) Dice mushrooms and fill the zucchini
3) Slice the cheese and lay over top of the mushrooms (note: the thickness of these cheese slices will depend on how “melty” the cheese is. Port salut holds up pretty well and can be sliced thin, brie turns into a gooey puddle and
should be sliced thicker).
4) Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese melted and touching begins to soften (I prefer this to be slightly less cooked rather than over-cooked). Serve hot.